Here is some handy advice for the upcoming flu vaccine season.
- Discard all expired 2020 influenza vaccine
- Do not book patients for vaccination until stock is received
- On receipt of the pre-allocation of influenza vaccine, an order for influenza vaccine for all eligible groups can be submitted. Orders will be processed from the week starting 5 April 2021
- Plan and allow 5 standard business (public holidays are not standard) days for vaccine deliveries during flu season
- Vaccine orders may be adjusted to ensure stock supply throughout the influenza season
- Do not overstock your vaccine fridge. Overstocking increases the risk of a cold chain breach
- It is mandatory to report influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Reporting to AIR in a timely manner assists in the allocation of influenza vaccine doses based on use.